Monday, December 12, 2011

Side Fishtail & Up-do's

I love this trend with all the different types of braiding and how creative people are getting with it. On this Blog I am going to show you a variety of braids and ways to style your hair or just give you some good ideas for times when you need to get your hair done for a special occasion or event! You can dress a braid up or down for any occasion and its something great to add to simple hair that's done in a hurry to make you still look finished.

Here I did a side fishtail into a messy side bun. Once I finished with the braiding, I started from the bottom of the fishtail and began to loosen the hair and continued all the way up the braid to give it a more bohemian look.

This is a more polished look but you still have volume and it's not slicked down to her head. The trick here is to begin with your hair curled and hair sprayed. Next, pull up the top section of your hair to get that lift and Just Put a Pin in It. This look is great for people with long or medium length hair.


This style is great for any length of hair past your shoulders and longer. I started by added a light curl over her whole head to get the right section thickness in the front to keep down. To get this curl I wrapped her hair around a skinny curling iron.


Good Luck with your up-do's and styling!

*If you have any questions or want to request to see a hairstyle leave me a comment!

Karilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment